Friday 11 October 2013

Tough Mudder



My amazing team!

My Tough Mudder expirence was amazing. Everybody on course was so supportive and my team was amazing. For those of you that dont know Tough Mudder is a 20km British military special forces obstacle that is held in many countries around the world to raise money for charity.
If you have the opportunity to participate in this event it is definitely worth it! The pledge is correct in saying that it is not a race, it's a challenge. I faced my fear of heights and electricity on the course and I felt amazing that I completed it when I finished! 


It was tough both mentally and physically, but the atmosphere around you is amazing and I was surprised with what I could do. My team finished in under 3 hours, I never thought I could run 20km in a day, let alone in under 3 hours with obsticals.
It is a difficult course to do and I would recommend strapping anything that might give you some trouble (my knee is giving me a world of pain right now). I did not do any preparation for this event except walking and a little running, and I did not find it that physically demanding that I wanted to pull out at anytime.

I really appreciated the bananas being handed out on course! They made a world of difference.



So what am I taking away from this experience;
1. You can live a mostly vegan life and still do amazing physical activities
2. People are amazing, both mentally and physically.
3. People are amazingly supportive, and you need people to support you to get over obstacles. (I think this is a lovely metaphore for life, and I need to learn that it is ok to ask for help in other situations)
Good times! Thankyou to everyone who was there! You are all amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment